Success in today's global business environment requires more than academic preparation. Successful business people must
- navigate organizational dynamics
- write clearly and concisely
- speak with confidence
- develop a career vision and strategy
Students at UNIBusiness have the opportunity to gain these skills before graduating through the Professional Readiness Program (PRP).
PRP develops the contemporary professional skills necessary for a successful career. All UNIBusiness students participate in two levels of the program, Business 1000 and 2000, and can continue advanced learning in Business 3000 and 4000.
What do we do in PRP?
- Develop the professional skills needed to contribute to an organization immediately and effectively
- Build professional confidence in UNIBusiness students
- Increase students' engagement with UNIBusiness, UNI and Cedar Valley communities
- Provide tools for career preparation
- Students will develop
- Job application tools (resume, cover letter, etc.)
- Behavioral-based interviewing skills
- Understanding of professional attire
- Ability to sell themselves through a recruiting process
Visit the Professional Readiness Program website to learn more about the program, access skill development resources, and see a list of program events.
Contact Katie Hillyer, PRP Director by email or at 319-273-7660.