As a new transfer student, you may qualify for scholarships. Here are a few to look into:
- Transfer Scholars Award: These $1,000 one year awards are available to incoming transfer students. If selected, students are notified following full admission to the university. To be considered, students must be admitted to UNI with 30 transferable hours and have on record a GPA of 3.25 or better at the time of scholarship awarding.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarships: A $1,000 scholarship for new transfer students who have earned 30 or more semester hours (after high school graduation) at the time of application, have maintained a 3.5 cumulative GPA, and hold membership in the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society. Must complete a PTK Transfer Scholarship Confirmation form, available at http://uni.edu/admissions/online-forms. Scholarships may be
renewed for a second year if a student maintains a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and continuous full-time enrollment at UNI. Priority is given to students admitted before March 15.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) All Iowa Academic Scholarships: A $2,000 scholarship awarded to students named to the Phi Theta Kappa All-Iowa Academic Team. This scholarship is renewable for a second year with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and full-time enrollment. Visit www.ptk.org/scholarships for more information.
- Roy J. Carver Scholarships: This $5,200 per year scholarship is awarded to students that have overcome difficult obstacles in their life. Applicants must have junior level standing. Apply by April 1 and receive additional information here.
- UNIBusiness Transfer Scholarship: Five $1000.00 renewable scholarships will be awarded to the top five incoming transfer students based on their current GPA reported via the UNI Scholarship Application. Once in the college of business, these scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.0 minimum UNI cumulative GPA to renew their scholarship. These students are required to take the ALEC test upon admission.
- All other scholarships at UNI require the completion of the UNI Scholarship Application. This application allows students to apply for scholarships available in specific majors and other University departments.
To see a list of additional scholarships you might qualify for, go to the Scholarship Directory and select the "New Transfers" category.