A business degree from UNIBusiness will guarantee career flexibility in an unpredictable job market.
Get ready to make an impact.
As a teaching-focused university, UNI's faculty will put you first. They bring their experience and expertise into the classroom and supplement their courses with knowledge gained through intensive research, career service and engagement. You can enhance your knowledge and skills through student-faculty research beginning their very first year!
You will also discover UNI’s value. More than 94 percent of first-year students receive some type of financial assistance. Breaking away from national trends, UNI graduates’ average student loan indebtedness has decreased by nearly 13 percent over the past seven years, and they owe less than students who graduate from most all other institutions in Iowa. It's no surprise that UNI ranks in the top third of all U.S. institutions in Money Magazine's "2017 Best Colleges for Your Money" list.
UNIBusiness Scholars Academy
If you have a stellar academic record and you're a first-year college student, you can qualify for the UNIBusiness Scholar Academy. The Academy includes direct admission into UNIBusiness which will open the door to many opportunities, including:
- Designated sections of first year business core courses
- One-credit optional topics course(s)
- Special Scholars Academy events throughout the semester
- Up to $3,500/year in Panther Impact scholarship money for Iowa residents only who commit to UNI by March 1
- Up to $2,000/year in UNI-T.E.D scholarship money for Iowa residents who commit to UNI by May 1 and who have participated in a TRIO program or are from a traditionally underrepresented population (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native or American Indian, Asian American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, or Multiracial)
The following criteria must be met for admission into the UNIBusiness Scholars Academy:
- You are a first-year student and have indicated the College of Business Administration as your college of choice. This includes international students.
- You scored a 25 or higher on the ACT exam (SAT equivalency of 1200 or higher)
- You have a high school GPA of 3.5
If you meet the university’s criteria for admission, we'll automatically review your application to determine if you're eligible for the UNIBusiness Scholars Academy. You will be notified by Dean Leslie K. Wilson on your acceptance.
Contact Jenny Connolly for more information.
How and when to apply to UNI
To get a jump start on your plans, it's important to apply for admission early in your senior year of high school. This will allow you plenty of time to apply for university and pre-business scholarships.
Dates to note for admittance to UNI
- Complete your application from August to December of your senior year
- University scholarship application form is available starting September 1. Applications must be received by January 15 to be considered for UNIBusiness and departmental scholarships. You will be notified in March or April for the following academic year's awards.