Fostering awareness, discussion and debate about ethical practices in business.
Businesses can be a force of great good and harm. Now, with the rise of the global economy, companies' role in greater society is questioned. Should businesses seek to maximize profit or take the lead in solving the world's environmental and societal problems? Therefore, education in handling ethical issues is a critical part of any business degree. Explore how the David W. Wilson Chair of Business Ethics makes UNI Business one of Iowa's prominent authorities in business ethics.
Schedule of Upcoming Ethics Events:
- Salary Negotiations Workshop - Wednesday, September 20 - 6:00-7:45pm - CBB 109
- Ethics Case Competition - October 25-26 - (teams of 5 undergrad business students; $5,000 in prize money; more details to follow in a few weeks)
- Ethics Movie Night - Monday, November 13 - 5:30-8:00pm - CBB 225
Coming Next Semester:
- Session on White Collar Crime - February 2024 (date TBD)
- Business Community Ethics Speaker Panel - March 2024 (date TBD)
Interested in Earning the Ethics Badge? Here are the required steps.
- Electronically sign the Student Code of Ethics
- Participate in the Ethics Case Competition
- Attend at least two of the following events: Ethics Movie Night, Session on White Collar Crime, and Business Community Ethics Speaker Panel
Ethics Mission Statement:
Our business ethics mission is to develop not only ethical student leaders but also future life-long business leaders via program development, faculty support, business community involvement, and student engagement.
Fill out the form below to electronically sign the code of ethics pledge.
Code of Ethics Pledge
Faculty and Staff Ethics Interview Series
Episode 1: September 20, 2021 with Dr. Dale Cyphert
Episode 3: September 29, 2021 with Dr. Saif Bhuiyan
Episode 5: October 11, 2021 with Dr. Matthew Bunker
Episode 7: October 18, 2021 with Dr. Alicia Rosburg
Episode 9: October 20, 2021 with Drew Kahler
Episode 11: October 22, 2021 with Marty Hansen
Episode 13: October 27, 2021 with Dr. Brett Olsen
Episode 15: November 10, 2021 with Drew Conrad
Episode 2: September 27, 2021 with Dr. Dan Bumblauskas
Episode 4: October 11, 2021 with Kirsten Juhl
Episode 6: October 15, 2021 with Paul Kinghorn
Episode 8: October 18, 2021 with Chris Schrage
Episode 10: October 22, 2021 with Jay Schmitz
Episode 12: October 25, 2021 with Jenny Connolly
Episode 14: November 8, 2021 with Dr. Craig Van Sandt
Ethics Interview Transcript with Dr. Jim Mattingly